Yes we are all familiar with stress. We live in a stressed city with never ending tasks, social happenings, pollutions, sounds and more. So what is the solution? First of all, we need to understand the stress sequence in our body and mind.
What is exactly happening when you are yelling at the deadline?
1. Your master gland (pituitary gland) which control many of our stress hormones release something call ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormones) and stimulate both your stress hormones, adrenaline and cortisol to release
2. Your cortisol level raises and shoot your blood sugar levels up
3. Your metabolism increase, heart rate raises, feel your blood flowing or even tend to sweat
4. You are in "fight-or-flight" response, digestion slows down, muscle tenses up and get ready for more important tissues
5. Turns out? You are stressed, emotional, burning out, tired and got adrenaline fatigue, get tired so easily, brain fog, insomnia, crave sugar and carbs, and gain weight.
The ultimate solution
Want to fight the above sequence and get a stress-free life? Start learning how to breathe consciously, to get fully into the present.
What is exactly happening when you breathe:
1. You consciously allow air to flow in and out to your belly, heart, brain and every cells and stimulate the master gland again
2. Your cortisol level goes down and achieves blood sugar balance
3. Your heart rate becomes steady, metabolism is slower, blood pressure level back to normal.
4. Your are in "rest-and-digest" response, your nervous system got the signal that you are safe. Body starts to rest, digest, repair and reproduce.
5. At the end, you experience the feeling calls calm. You feels energised, sleep well, eat well and even lose weight effortlessly. Mostly importantly, you are fully present and knowing that "ALL IS WELL". You master your time, knowing that you create the time and you have enough time to achieve whatever you want to achieve in life.
Isn't it amazing? Try it even just a 5 minutes conscious breathing, focus just on your breathe, observing your belly expands and goes down. You will see a huge difference. Next time when you are of your stress, breathe.
Join Breathing Academy and practicing conscious breathing with me now.