Have you ever wondered why people in Africa, India, Southeast Asia or other hot weather regions love spicy food so much? Because spicy food cools you down!
When you are eating spicy food, it increases your metabolism, blood circulation and bring a cooling effect of your body when you sweat. Comparing with ice cream, sodas or frozen bananas, this is much more effective and long lasting.
Let's cook a spicy curry to cool your body down in this hot summer. Below is my gluten free, dairy free vegetarian recipe. Change tofu to chicken or any other kind of animal proteins you love if you are not a vegetarian like me. Be creative and fun! Bon appetite.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 cups of spinach leaves
- 2 cups of asparagus
- 4-6 ounces firm tofu
- 1/2-1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- spices and herbs: curry powder, turmeric, ginger, onion, garlic, black pepper, chili flakes, thyme
1. Cook asparagus and chopped tofu, could be boiled or pan fried
2. Prepare the sauce: heat up the coconut oil, add in coconut milk and all herbs and spices
3. Mixed all with spinach leaves and leek
That's it!! If you can read and have a kitchen, you can do it. Creative cooking makes us healthy physically and emotionally.
Follow me via Instagram: living_life_with_jen on more creative recipes.
Food is medicine. It heals our body and desires our life. Want to learn more on a stress-free lifestyle through dietary and emotional coping strategy? email me via firstname.lastname@example.org for a 50 mins free consultation now.