Home Kitchen Meditation
Meditation, we all know it is something good to calm your mind effectively. Yet, most of us think it is way too difficult that only Buddha can achieve. You are wrong. It is not about how long you sit for, but how much you aware of yourself.
To achieve this self-awareness, it is not a must to be seated. It works where ever you are, and what ever you do.
Let's try something new today. I'm going to guide you through a meditation when you are cooking in the kitchen.
Follow the 7 steps below, treasure the moment between you and your food and start meditating in the kitchen:
1. Take a deep breathe, inhale deeply through the nose, follow by long exhale through the mouth. Do it 10 times.
2. Start preparing your food, give yourself full permission to let go of the time. Just focus on this wonderful cooking process.
3. Get in touch with the food, observe them on shape, colour, texture etc. Enjoy this visual indulgence before you start.
4. Wash your food, start chopping, put them into the boiler/ pan or any utensils you like, and listen. Listening to the sound of running water, chopping knife, boiling water etc, you will be amazed by this food orchestra.
5. Smell it. Smell before, during and after you cook. Experience the difference from within.